ZEST TRAINING COURSES
SCAE – Speciality Coffee Association of Europe
The overriding goal of SCAE is to spread the knowledge of great coffee! Whether this is through entering any of the competitions we oversee, or by attending any of the training events we host throughout the year.
SCAE is also about fun and friendship! The competitions are not only a great way to learn but also about meeting other people in the ever growing coffee community and forging great new friendships and contacts. SCAE is an association with a growing number of members – people like you, who are looking for coffee excellence. Our members come from all areas of the coffee industry, from machine manufacturers to roasters, cafe owners and ancillary suppliers. To find out more about membership go to http://scae.com/members/new-membership-packages-2016 just remember to tell them where you heard about it!
ZEST COFFEE COURSES
Introduction to Speciality Coffee
This is a SCAE accredited course which is great for people with a keen interest in learning more about coffee, and care about what they are both buying and drinking whether at home or in their own cafe. We put all of our team members at Zest Cafe through this course to really give them an insight into the quality product that they are working with every day and why it is so good. This is a 5hr course 1230-530pm, with a 20 minute break for refreshments.
- What is Speciality Coffee and where it fits our market
- The history of coffee
- The differences between Arabica and Robusta beans
- The differences between “washed” (wet) and “natural” (dry) processed coffee
- The basics of roasting (light, medium, dark roast)
- The basics of brewing (what is brewing, alternative methods around the world)
- Storage, preservation & the importance of freshness.
- Sensory, tasting & understanding flavour descriptions.